Kristen McKellar, RMT
Kristen McKellar, RMT was born and raised in the Okanagan and prior to becoming a Registered Massage Therapist worked with organizations assisting high risk youth and adults with special needs.
She is a graduate of the Okanagan Valley College of Massage Therapy in Vernon, BC and mainly works without oil, using techniques such as; alignment of the skeletal system, myofascial release, scar tissue release, trigger point therapy, sports massage, injury prevention, rehabilitation, and postural therapy. She works directly with women pre, during and post pregnancy to help regain core function and health, preventing and reversing incontinence, prolapse, back pain and much more. Her approach is results-focused and tailored to the needs of each individual.
When not assisting clients with their goals, Kristen may be found outdoors and staying active through cycling, climbing, hiking, running and enjoying nature in the beautiful Okanagan Valley.
Kristen has attended many Continuing Education Courses, including:
- Anatomy Workshop for Massage Therapists Cervical Spine and Thoracic Outlet: An Osteopathic Approach
- Fascial Decompression of the Brachial Plexus: An Osteopathic Approach
- Visceral Manipulation for the RMT: Level 1
- Byodynamic Myofascial Mobilization of the Shoulder Complex
- TMJ Mastery
- Clinical Reasoning & Practical Integration
- Visceral Manipulation Intro – The Barral Institute
- Core Confidence: Level 1/Level 2 – Bellies Inc.
- Craniosacral Therapy: Level 1/Level 2 – Upldedger Institute